Brigade Flags

Supplemental orders to General Order 102 of March 24, 1862, provided for flags for the Headquarters and the two brigades of the Cavalry Reserve, Army of the Potomac. General Order No 53 of May 12,1863, described the infantry brigade flags, and Circular No 31 called for similar designating flags for the cavalry brigades. There appears to have been some delay in the issuing of these flags as some other forms of brigade flags were used (see Plate 7 and illustrations opposite and on page 44).

Was this article helpful?

0 0

Post a comment